Powertech, BC Hydro’s subsidiary that specializes in clean energy consulting, testing, and systems integration, has been serving electrical, oil and gas companies, and automotive and electrical equipment manufacturers since 1989. It operates as a separate, for profit, commercial entity. In addition to providing technical services to BC Hydro, Powertech serves a large number of clients in energy-related sectors across North America, Asia, Europe, and South America and beyond. Powertech is located on an 11 acre, 21-lab campus in Surrey and has approximately 130 employees.
The company’s staff of professional engineers, scientists, and technologists offers a broad range of services to help clients solve complex problems, maximizing asset performance.
Powertech’s Software Technologies department develops and supports a suite of leading edge software related to power system analysis and applications. At present there is significant growth in this area of the business, in particular our DSATools TM software package which is a suite of analysis tools for both off-line (system planning) and on-line (near-real-time operation) dynamic security assessment of large complex power systems.
Powertech is currently accepting applications for representatives worldwide that can provide customer support services for existing clients and can demonstrate DSAToolsTM software to prospective clients. We are particularly interested in partnering with marketing and sales agents experienced in the electric power sector in Europe, South America, Middle East, and Southeast Asia. If you are interested, please contact us. Those Interested can send their requests to Powertech Human Resources.
Power Systems Software Development Engineer
We are accepting applications from qualified Power Systems Software Development Engineers.
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for all phases in the software development cycle, working with other team members in conjunction with the Manager, Software Technologies.
•Design, coding, testing, and documentation of software
•User support and product maintenance
•Participation in research and development efforts
•Assistance in marketing and delivery of software and software projects
The successful applicant will have a masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering – specializing in power systems from a recognized post secondary institution and is eligible to register as a professional engineer in the Province of British Columbia.
Technical Skills and Experience:
• 5 years of experience as a Consulting Engineer or Software Engineer in a similar position, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent knowledge in power systems analysis, modeling techniques, and computational algorithms.
• Experience in the application or development of commercial software.
Performance Competencies (Non Technical Skills):
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent decision making capabilities.
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Ability to learn quickly and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrated dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
• Able to adapt to a constrained schedule and perform under pressure.
Location: Surrey B.C.
Job Status: We are building a database of suitable candidates for immediate and future project work requirements
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation is dependent on qualifications
Close Date: This is an open posting