On-line Dynamic Security Assessment
DSA Manager provides an environment through which the security assessment modules in can be integrated into the real-time sequence of an energy management system (EMS) to provide on-line DSA capabilities.
Security Assessment Options
DSA Manager can be configured to interface with any or all of the security assessment modules in DSATools™:
- Voltage Security Assessment Tool (VSAT)
- Transient Security Assessment Tool (TSAT)
- Small Signal Analysis Tool (SSAT)
All supported analysis options in these modules can be applied; additional analysis options are also available in DSA Manager:
- Base case security analysis
- Security limit assessment (1-dimensional and 2-dimensional for voltage and transient security, 1-dimensional for small signal security)
- Remedial measure analysis
DSA Manager supports a client/server structure. Single or dual DSA clients can be configured (dual DSA clients to provide redundancy). Clients can be networked with an unlimited number of VSAT/TSAT/SSAT computation engines (servers) to form a distributed computation network, thereby meeting performance requirements for specific applications. In addition to assessing the real-time system conditions, DSA Manager can also be configured to perform DSA functions related to other analysis modes, such as forecast/prediction, market, study (some study functions can be done through ST DSA Manager), QA, testing, training, etc.
DSA Manager can also be installed on any Windows-based computer networked to the on-line DSA system to monitor DSA operation and to examine DSA results.
Various types of results are displayed in DSA Manager:
- Security violation alarms
- Security trend analysis
- Security violation details and suggested remedial measures
- Historical security results
- Security limit nomograms
- Custom time-domain, PV, and other plots
In addition, DSA Manager can save on-line DSA results in a data depository such as PI database and also in XML format for display on a third-party platform such as VOB.