The software engineers and programmer analysts of Powertech’s Software Technologies Group are responsible for developing and licensing the power system analysis software suite DSATools™ and other programs.
The members of the group have 20+ years of experience in power system analysis and software development and extensive backgrounds in research and development, including:
- Theories and methods for power system analysis
- Development of algorithms for power system computations
- Power system modeling and model development
- Custom and customer-focused software development
- Various types of power system studies
- Standards, policies, and practices used in the power industry, for example, IEEE standards, NERC TPL/CIP standards, etc.
- Development of power system application software for various OS, web, database, etc.
The DSATools™ team has also been recognized for providing excellent services to users for technical support and training.
In addition, the department actively participates in technical communities, including IEEE, CIGRE, NERC, WECC, EPRI, and CEATI. The team has also been collaborating with universities and research institutes to develop innovative solutions and methodologies. This kind of engagement allows Powertech to be at the forefront of emerging issues and to design responsive, leading-edge software.